If it looks like a game… you can Trace it.
Yes, it is possible to Trace scrimmages or practice. However, in order for TRACE_BOT to process your results correctly, you have to simulate real-game conditions as closely as possible. (Want to Trace batting practice or dugout sessions? Get instructions.)
Best practices for Tracing a scrimmage:
✅ Only 1 team wears Tracers
What you need to do
- Separate your players into Team A & Team B
- Play on a field with four bases
- Create a new Trace game as you normally would
- Switch from hitting to fielding as you normally would
- Important: Assign Tracers to Team A roster only
- Do not substitute players from one team to another.
✅ Tactical Playlists
✅ Player Moments (Team A)
✅ Tactical playlists (Team A)
❌ Both teams wear Tracers
Trace will not work properly if both teams are wearing Tracers.