Good habits mean great results. Over and over we find that the clubs who find the most success always adhere to these practices.
The Day Before Game Day
- Charge up your equipment overnight (Case and Camera Battery)
- Fill out your roster. Players should use their own unique emails so they can set up their Trace iD later. You can have as many parents/ family members as you want per player.
On Game Day
- Set up early! Start Tracing 15-20 mins prior to game time.
- The camera should face away from the sun to avoid glare. Pre-game setup tips.
- All tracers should be blinking red before handing them out. If you notice a Tracer is not blinking red do not use it. Contact us after the game.
- Shut the equipment off after every game. If you are Tracing more than 2 games in one day we recommend using a 2nd battery. Back-to-back tips
Keep in Mind
- Bad weather? Review our weather recommendations
- Extreme heat? Electronics do not like heat. Please store your equipment in the shade when not in use.
- Hotel wifi? Just don’t do it. Uploading games on hotel wifi will not work. Back up your footage after each day: learn how in the uploading FAQ. Then upload all the data once you get home.
One dedicated videographer per team
Enlist a dedicated manager/parent that is responsible for handling a single kit per team during games and then going to their home afterward and uploading.