Before you start
In total, this update will take approximately 1.5 hours; however, you only need to be present for 30 minutes of that time. Make sure your case is fully charged before beginning this process (we recommend charging for 24 hours just to be safe). Learn more about charging.
Create a test game
- Log in to your Trace Teams iOS app and tap the button
- Tap (+ Trace a New Game)
- Enter the opponent CMEquipmentTest, select Today, choose the next available time slot, and set the Half Lengths for 25 minutes
- Tap (Trace Now)
Start your test game
- Enter your Trace Case ID
- Press the ON button on the bottom right corner of your case; Make sure the Tracers are flashing RED
- Follow all remaining steps on your Trace Teams App to start Tracing
- Place your case and camera outside of your house for one (1) hour
The case must be outside in order for the GPS to work properly
End your test game
Return to your Trace Teams App, tap (Stop Tracing) and follow all remaining steps to Stop Tracing.
Set up your wifi (1st timers only)
Take everything back inside and connect your case to a power source. If you have never set up your Trace case on your wifi network please follow the steps to connect your case to wifi.
Upload the test data
Go here for more detailed uploading instructions if needed.
- Once your case is connected to wifi, connect your camera USB cables to your case USB ports on the top right corner.
- Press the Transfer button on the top left corner of your case to ON.
- Your case will automatically begin uploading data once powered on. Allow your case to upload everything until it shuts down. This could take a few hours depending on your wifi speed. The case may restart itself during this process. You will know that the upload is complete when the Transfer power light is off.
Last step – manually power the case off and on to update software
Make sure that your upload is complete and the Transfer button light is off.
- Unplug your Trace Case from its power source
- Wait 10 seconds
- Plug your Trace case back into the power source and leave it plugged in overnight to allow the case you charge fully.