If it looks like a game… you can Trace it.
Yes, it is possible to Trace scrimmages or practice. However, in order for TRACE-BOT to process your results correctly you have to simulate real-game conditions as closely as possible. Below are some scenarios you may want to consider:
✅ Only 1 team wears Tracers
What you need to do
- Separate your players into Team A & Team B
- Play on a soccer field with two goals
- Create a new Trace game as you normally would
- Play two equal length halves
- Switch sides between halves as you normally would
- Important: Assign Tracers to Team A roster only
- Do not substitute players from one team to another.
✅ Tactical Playlists
✅ Player Moments (Team A)
✅ Goalkeeper Moments (Team A)
✅ Performance Stats (Team A)
❌ Both teams wear Tracers
Trace will not work properly if both teams are wearing Tracers.
✅ Smaller field sizes
Make sure your smaller fields are clearly marked with cones for all 4 corners and the center line.
❌ Tracing will not process for drills / technical work
You may use drills as an opportunity to test your equipment, practice setup, and give the players a chance to get used to Tracers – but, we will not be able to provide any results.
❌ Tactical Playlists
❌ Player Moments
❌ Performance Stats