Soccer can be stressful. Your team might be on a losing streak. Maybe you made some mistakes or received some tough feedback from a coach. Any of these things can cause anxiety, which could cause players to lose focus and hurt performance. A good mindset could be the difference between winning and losing.
Matt Spear of Soccer Resilience, former head coach of the Davidson College Men’s team, is an expert at helping players steer their minds and advising teams for a positive, cohesive, winning mentality.
In this workshop, Matt Spear and Trace Head Coach Tim Bennett will discuss strategies for staying mentally sharp and using feedback and obstacles to your advantage, including…
- Ways that coaches can encourage a growth mindset in players
- Tools for getting mentally fit for practices and games
- How to reduce anxiety during games
- The best ways for soccer players to learn from mistakes
- How to keep things fun while also accelerating player development